Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (P.S.D.B.)
APR 28, 2023
1:00 pm CDT
Course Title: Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Trainer: Dr. Robin Kopelman
Timing: 3 hours; Offered One Time Per Semester
Description: 1 in 5. That’s how many Iowa women may experience a perinatal mood and anxiety
disorder (PMAD.) In this session, participants will learn how to identify women at risk for PMADs and
about the common mental health symptoms women experience during this complex period. Maternal
mental health is central to the wellbeing of the family. Detection, support, and treatment of PMADs
lead to the best outcomes for families, so come learn about ways to detect the possible presence of a
PMAD and how to connect women with support and a wide range of acceptable and accessible
treatment options in the state.
- Understand how to identify women at risk for PMADs and how PMADs can impact family wellbeing.
- Learn about women’s experiences with mental health symptoms in the perinatal period and tools and options for screening and identification of PMADs.
- Discuss the wide variety of options women and families have for support and effective treatment of PMADs to facilitate referrals.
Prerequisite Required: Adult Mental Health: Perinatal Depression Part One & Adult Mental Health: Perinatal Depression Part Two.
Competencies Addressed: Family Health, Safety and Nutrition & Community Resources and Support.
- Describe the impact that parental depression has on child development and attachment between the parent and child.
- Identify and describe a time that you supported a parent in accessing mental health services. How did this process go? And what might you do differently in the future if it didn’t go well?
- How have you applied the information you learned from this session to your current practice?
|WHEN||April 28, 2023 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm CDT|
|ICAL||Add this Event to your Calendar|
- HOSTED BY
- Kristy Roosa
- Iowa Department of Health and Human Services
- Skills Addressed
- Family Health, Safety, and Nutrition Community Resources and Support