Child Care Selection (P.S.D.B.)
JUL 26, 2023
9:00 am CDT
Course Title: Child Care Selection
Trainer: Julie Davis
Timing: 1 hour; Offered One Time Per Semester
Description: Every parent wants their child to be in a supportive, engaging, quality child care environment so that they are healthy, safe, and learning. This also allows parents to be able to return or remain in the workforce. How can we expect parents to choose quality child care, when they may not know what that looks like? This session will provide insight into types of child care available in Iowa, what types of questions to ask a potential provider, what to look for in a quality environment, and we will share important resources for families who are looking to find child care. Parent choice is important and our services/resources are 100% FREE! Come learn all about different child care options for families so you are able to help parents make a great decision on an environment that fits their child’s needs.
- Understand different types of child care in Iowa and what is required by child care providers operating in different categories.
- Learn about possible interview questions, tips and things to look for when choosing a child care provider or program.
- Learn where to find resources on choosing quality child care, our free parent referral services, and recruitment into the early education field!
Competencies Addressed: Child Health, Safety and Nutrition; Family Health, Safety and Nutrition & Community Resources and Support.
- How have you applied the information you learned from this session to your practice?
- How would you best support a parent or caregiver that is looking for safe and quality child care?
- What child care resources are available within your area? How would you refer a family to those services?
|WHEN||July 26, 2023 from 9:00 to 10:00 am CDT|
|ICAL||Add this Event to your Calendar|
- HOSTED BY
- Kristy Roosa
- Iowa Department of Health and Human Services
- Skills Addressed
- Child Health, Safety, and Nutrition Family Health, Safety, and Nutrition Community Resources and Support