Maximizing Team and Peer Networks to Improve Family Outcomes
In this module, supervisors will learn and practice communication strategies to encourage team cohesion and create a supportive work environment. Participants will also learn methods to address work-related stress and increase resiliency in family support staff.
- Explain the importance of effective communication and regular supervision time with family support staff
- Build an effective and cohesive team that benefits from the skills and experience of all of its members
- Develop a process for regular peer to peer reflective consultation
- Design strategies to address the stages of burnout
- Enhance resiliency by developing a network of peer relationships
- Establish a supportive response to the impact of secondary trauma and compassion fatigue