Leading and Nurturing the Family Support Professional
This module aims to invigorate or reinvigorate the family support supervisor and inspire him/her to become a better leader. Supervisors will learn strategies to balance the many tasks that come with the supervisory role and help them prioritize those tasks so that he/she may provide leaderships instead of just management.
- Better promote their organization's mission in the community by discovering, or rediscovering, their passion for family support work
- Utilize the concept of the "golden circle" to reframe the program in terms of the "why" rather than the "what" and the "how"
- Apply what Tony Robbins refers to as the "3 Decisions of Destiny"
- Apply Tony Robbins' "6 needs" for human beings to their personal leadership style
- Understand what truly motivates people and explore how to use this new knowledge with your staff
- Develop hiring practices that identify the most qualified staff
- Generate a "work design" process that benefits both the program and the employees
- Learn how to use strength-based, reflective supervision in a way that will help staff improve services to families
- Become more comfortable leading through the change that is inevitable in family support work